4/03/2011

Baby Blessing

In our church we give our baby's a name and a blessing.  They don't get baptized until they are 8.  Here is a layout I made for my oldest (who is now 10! Talk about being behind!!!)  For the day she was blessed.  I wanted it to be less cutesy and more elegant.  So I used white and gold sparkle paper and shimmer paper along with the Paper lace cartridge.   I welded some of the square shapes together on my gypsy to make the long side borders.


This Picture looks funny.  I need to get a stand...





To make the dress I cut out a paper lace design and then on top of it I cut out a dress (paper doll dress up)  Then I cut out the same dress the same size in a white shimmer paper and then layered them together.  It turned out perfect!  She wore the dress I wore when I was a baby.  My Grandma made it for me and it was crocheted and looks alot like this little paper dress.   I was really happy with the way it turned out. 

I took the negative of my mat's little diamonds and glue dotted (is that the proper way to say that? If not I make words up all the time and am totally ok with it) them to the bottomish (another made up word.  If your good at something, go with it right?) of the paper.  Then I took some of the extras from the top layer of the dress and cut them to make this design:
Then I pop dotted (that is a very convenient word) them up to add some demention.  TFL! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment